Hi, has anyone solved the problem of Cortana not responding to your verbal requests?

Options
TomW
TomW Member Posts: 3 New User

Cortana will not respond to voice requests, It's configured, tested, everything looks good. She just goes to sleep and stays asleep!

Answers

• salmon123
    salmon123 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

it seems that it isa sound driver problem.  Cortana gives me short beep like sounds  but not even close to a voice.  A response but don't know what was heard

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,267 Trailblazer
    Options

What hardware are you running on? She does Bing searches for me quite well.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • salmon123
    Options

She is working on my Switch 10  (really slow computer) , voice and responses are fine... only a few tests, but types my question, and did a self close as requested.   There was a message that she might not hear well, on this computer.

• TomW
    Options

E5-571P Touch

• salmon123
    Options

I have Acer  s7 392....  Cortana did not hear or speak, after win 10 install..  I went to realtek audio downloaded new drivers( takes some minor effort)  ran the driver install (it removes old drivers, but asked  you to do it, restarts, installs new drivers, restarts)  Cortana now hears and speaks,  she wont stay on YET...but it fixed my s7 acer....

a driver check said the drivers were up to date,  before I did this.  BUT they were not or else needed a reinstall??

• TomW
    Options

Thanks Salmon123, I loaded the drivers from RealTek and now Coratna works on my E5-571 Touch