Has anyone upgraded their Acer Iconia 6120 to Windows 10? Acer seem to abandoned this model.

Options
ijm_scot
ijm_scot Member Posts: 2 New User

My father has asked me to upgrade his Acer Iconia 6120 from windows 7 to 10. There doesn't seem to be much information on this model. Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

What's liable to be a stickler on that model is the touchscreen keyboard. If the W7 drivers don't get automatically transfered to W10 you are liable to be stuck unless you have a USB keyboard to plug in. With a USB keyboard (and perhas mouse) handy it would be worthwhile to give it a try, however. You can always roll back to 7 if it doesn't work. Be sure you do the upgrade install though, a clean install won't allow a rollback.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ijm_scot
    ijm_scot Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yeh, the on screen keyboard is already debunked. I didnt think 10 allowed a roll back... I was just going to do a factory re install from disk if it went horribly wrong.

thanks anyway.

• Shrowell
    Shrowell Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes, I went through the Windows 8.1 Pro and then the Windows 10 Pro migration. The system was much more stable with Windows 10.

I put this on YouTube at https://youtu.be/sIHilXrtLLQ

Good luck!

Simon