Has anyone had trouble signing into Windows 10??

Options
bucksmom2point0
bucksmom2point0 Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm sure this will sound a bit odd...but has anyone complained of having trouble to signing into Windows 10?

I had been working on my Aspire E 15 Touch all morning.  I received a phone call and closed the top of the computer, putting it to sleep.  When I returned I expected to be either a( at my same place   b(  my home page   c)  Windows 10 sign in.   It was C.

Here's the rub.  It wouldn't take my sign in password.  Yes, I know it.  I not only wrote it down, have used it repeatedly since I set up Windows 10, but I've also installed a hint.

Nothing was going to let me in.  I just kept getting Incorrect Password.

Luckily, I put the laptop back to 'sleep' for an hour and came back.  Windows 10 came back up and started with my password, no problem.

My question is this:  what the heck do you do when this happens???  has it happened before with Windows 10???

Also, I've tried repeated to make a copy to reboot or relaunch my laptop in case of problems but I keep getting error messages.  It tells me the basic info for Windows 10 that I'm trying to save on a 16GB jump drive is too small.....  and it refuses CDs entirely.

Suggestions?

My thanks in advance to anyone brave enough to try and slay this dragon.  Please realize you are speaking to a non-tech over 60+year old.  (trans: don't use comp. jargon)

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Sometimes it requires a 32 GB jump drive.  It just depends on the computer model when making a USB factory default recovery drive.  Some models need 16GB and some need 32 GB.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

The only thing that I would know to do on password/sleep/hibernation issue is to make sure I had the drivers for your computer model from Acer website.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,345 Trailblazer
    Options

Heck, I'm 60 and recognize most of the computer jargon, so there's hope for you yet. Smiley Happy

I'm thinking two different things. The login after sleep probably means it woke up and installed updates. If it needs a reboot after installing update it'll put you back to a login prompt. The sign in not taking your password could have been an issue with Microsoft's servers or an issue with the internet connection. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts happening often.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.