Error Message: Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected

Options
Cojiro98
Cojiro98 Member Posts: 6 New User

With over 1,200 views and no answers after a month, let's try this again. i'm really getting tired of the HORRIBLE service from acer and all of it's 32432002938402938 3rd parties (so they don't have to take any blame themselves).

Intel(R) HD 4400 Graphics Card updates don't work when I try to search for them in the Intel site/program. http://puu.sh/orkUC/477eb217e8.png

I had to send in my laptop to change the hard drive ( for the 3rd time at NO FAULT TO ME ANY OF THE TIMES) a few months ago, and since then performance has been slow, the graphics card stops working during low demand games, and can't run a few of them because the drivers aren't recognized. of course, acer gives me faulty product, fixes it, then gives me unofficial software when they reinstall Windows. seriously?

is there any way to update these or get the official drivers for my Intel HD 4400 GC?

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

jose423 wrote:

chrixtopher,

Windows 10 process.

I am able to update to 4424 doing the following steps:

1. Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25951/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 and download the zip version.

2. Unzip the downloaded file.

3. Open Device Manager. Uncollapse Display adapters. Right-click Intel HD Graphics 4600. Select Update Driver Software...

4. Select Browse my Computer for driver Software. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers. Select Have Disk... Select Browse. Navigate to the file extracted in step 2 (should be win64_154022.4424). Navigate to Graphics folder. Select igdlh64.inf. Select Open. Select OK.

5. Select Intel HD Graphics 4600 in Update Driver Software window. Select Next. Wait for Installing driver software process to finish. Select Close.

At this point, the intel graphics driver 20.19.15.4424 is finished installing. I then go ahead and run the setup.exe from the extracted folder without errors.

I have also seen the Intel graphics stopped working error when starting up full screen videos. The issue is very intermittent for me.

I pasted the quote with the solution.

Yes it's for intel 4600, but the drivers from intel (the link in the post) includes all 4th generation graphics cards (including 4400).

Next time before you get so angry, you could use the search function, as you can see the solution was posted already a few times before:-)

• Cojiro98
    Cojiro98 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

i'm not angry that no one replied, i'm angry because acer half *** everything they do and hide behind third parties and take 0 accountability for the ***** they call service. it took them (this is not a joke) 5 months to successfully replace a laptop that was UNDER WARRANTY. when i got said replacement, it crapped out in 3 weeks with the same issue the first one failed with. i won't even explain the customer service along the way. but of course the facility they repair at isn't acer, the warranty support wasn't acer, then when i get it all back, i get sub-par software that degrades the performance of my laptop. Acer is a joke and i will never buy again after this laptop, i have spread this to many people, and i honestly hope they go bankrupt and cease to exist. this is the worst excuse for a company, and customer service i have ever seen.

adieu.

[word filter avoidance]