E5-571 PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller & SM Bus Controller

Options
ribbs1
ribbs1 Member Posts: 2 New User

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Windows Update says that it is up-to-date. Windows Devices Manager shows a problem with two devices:

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

SM Bus Controller

What are these devices and where do I locate the drivers for them?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

I believe they are both chipset drivers, check to see if there's a driver bundle for the mainboard chipset.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ribbs1
    ribbs1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I installed the Windows 8.1 chipset drivers from Acer, which seem to have worked. No Windows 10 drivers are available at this time.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That should do it. I've been pleasantly surprised by how well older drivers are working in Windows 10. I had to install Vista 64bit drivers for an ATI video card (the latest working drivers for the card) and they actually worked! Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oshanda
    oshanda Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I Have Same Problem. But solved SM BUS Driver. I was instaill 'Synaptic_touchpad' driver try it. but Not work for PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller