E5-471-32HE internal microphone issue

Options
paprikamix
paprikamix Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

My apologies beforehand, as I have not thouroughly checked the forums if a similar post is already entered and I have just noticed that I am supposed to post Windows 10 issues in this Windows 10 section. 

I'm from The Netherlands, trying to help out a friend using TeamViewer in the Philippines. She has an Aspire E5-471-32HE, which is upgraded to Windows 10 x64. Ever since the upgrade, she's had trouble with her internal microphone. It refuses to record any sounds whatsoever.

I have checked the Device Manager, it showed the High Definition Audio entry in working order. (No orange triangles or anything of the sort.) I've tried checking the sound settings (Right clicking the audio icon -> Recording devices) but the two choices in the didn't show any sound being recorded. I tried downloading the most recent driver from the drivers page and ran it. The icon in Device Manager changed after the installation completed, and rechecked both choices, but still no sound is being recorded. 

If I check the Device Manager, and check if there are updates for both devices, it says both are using the most recent software. 

Is there anything else I can do to try to make this work? Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

Answers