Can Acer Tech explain why my V3-771G is not eligible for win10 upgrade?

Options
Timbo
Timbo Member Posts: 36 New User

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you mean the Acer's list:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models#_ga=1.8479093.1165955165.1438251647

this doesn't mean that you can't upgrade to windows 10 but Acer will provide driver support only to models on that list.

so if you want to try to upgrade:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

download the official windows tool and choose to upgrade.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • cavanmcd
    cavanmcd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ironfly, thanks but the reply does not really hit the spot. As a V3-771G owner myself I am mystified as to why Acer has picked on us for no driver update policy.  This was not a budget machine.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

now you explained better your question. Smiley Happy

need to wait an official Acer tech for an answer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Timbo
    Timbo Member Posts: 36 New User
    Options
    Thanks Cavanmcd. Yes, this is what I am getting at. I was unable to upgrade this machine to 8.1 also, with some error code that no one at microsoft support could actually resolve. I am running 10 (tech preview)on the machine in a dual boot, with 10 on an ssd i bunged in. There are a few anomalies with the machine, like the Ahci ports are not dual 6gbs, so had to swap disc bays to get full bandwidth for the ssd. Also it wasn't actually feasible to run in this config untill last BIOS upgrade.
    Only driver issues I have are with elantech. The windows drivers lack functionality. The 8.1 drivers provide this but it seems sluggish. I looked on the launch day at the driver page for the 772g which is eligible. There were no updates for the 10 os. Of course the 772 probably runs with a different motherboard. Was thinking of taking this up with currys, but expect there is some clause from oem upgrades. Will let you know if i get anywhere with their moronic staff.