Brightness issue on Aspire E5-511

Options
Gabz
Gabz Member Posts: 3 New User

After upgrading Windows 10 on my computer, i noticed that the brightness settings are wrong, they seem to be reversed, trying to lower the brightness increases it instead, and the Fn keys do the same. I tried to update the drivers but everything is up to date.
Also it seems that the adaptive brightness option is on even though its deactivated.

Update:  It seems to be fixed when i reboot the pc, and it works fine until i shut it down, but the next time i boot it it happens all over again.

Answers

• philrandal
    philrandal Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Same here.

This only happens with Fast Start-up enabled (in the Power settings).

Otherwise it behaves properly.

• tax_lady
    tax_lady Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue.  I have narrowed it down to the function of the bright/dark setting is reversing.  IE. Screen is black but brightness set to max.  I hit the darker key and the screen gets brighter.  It's an intermittent issue.  I've verified that I have the most up to date driver for the display.  I tried to chat with Acer Suport which was a lesson in futility.  I don't think the agent could understand me.  I do know that the agent was very good at spelling OKAY.  

I am going to try and work with Microsoft and see if I can get a resolution.  I will share if I have any success. 

• philrandal
    philrandal Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Acer have released BIOS 1.10 which supposedly fixes the issue:

"Release Note:
    Update GOP driver to modify the screen backlight behavior is conversely in Win10"

• Gabz
    Gabz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks for the heads up Philrandal, i updated said BIOS and everything works right now. Hopefuly it stays like that for a while now Smiley Tongue