Brightness issue in Aspire E5-511P after updation to windows 10

Options
agarwalankit
agarwalankit Member Posts: 3 New User

Recently upgraded to windows 10 . But it seems brightness settings are all changed . Tried updating the drivers as well but it says everything updated . Now when I try to increase the brightness it instead decreases while increases when I try to decrease it. Can anyone help?

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi,

What happens when you try to adjust your brightness through the Windows Power Settings? Does that work normally? If so, are you using the FN+arrow keys to adjust brightness now?

Cory

• agarwalankit
    Options

It behaves the same when I try to change brightness through windows power settings i.e. decreases when I try to increase and increases while decreasing.  Using fn + arrow also doesn't help . Now I m running my laptop with minimum brightnwss and the brightness slider at 100%

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

That's strange for sure. I hope others will come tell us if they're having similiar problems. Can you provide any pictures or a video?

• Gabz
    Gabz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same problem on my Aspire E5-511 and i haven't been able to find a solution Smiley Sad

If i reboot the pc, everything seems corrected, but it's only temporary, as the next time i boot the pc again the brightness settings are all wrong again.

• agarwalankit
    Options