BIOS update

Options
Roman_
Roman_ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Hi! I have problem with BIOS update 1.32 for my notebook Aspire e5 - 571g! I tried to update it to the latest version from the official Acer page. I did every step like in instruction, updated it from Windows not from DOS. When everything was done, i starded to getting BSOD "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys." "System Thread Exception Not Handled" "video memory management internal" when i play game or use applications. But everything works fine, when i dont play games and etc. I tried to reinstall video drivers, but it doesnt helps me and i tried to set default BIOS settings too.
For information. I upgraded my Windows from 8 to 10 and i didnt have same problems. It begins from BIOS update. What i need to do? Can You help me please?
P.S. sorry for my bad english Smiley Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Roman_
    Options

I mean this steps http://acer-ru.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18564
    Yes i downloaded correct files from this page http://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/drivers 
    I extracted files and started to update BIOS in Windows.

• IronFly
    Options

Enter BIOS pressing F2 at boot and Load default settings, then save and exit.

check if errors appear again.

• Roman_
    Options

I have tried this too, but still have BSODs...
    even when i trying to change Nvidia 3d settings i have BSOD! Now i just deleted Nvidia driver and Windows works stable... Like i said in my previous message ,when i reinstall nvidia drivers problem comes back.  Looks like BIOS and Nvidia drivers are not compatible? what should i do? 
    P.S. I used newest Nvidia driver and tried with one old driver. Both of them have same problem with BSOD.
    P.P.S. I use my notebook for 2 years and up to this point I've never had a BSOD. Updating BIOS was biggest mistake.

• IronFly
    Options
    I'm out of ideas, seems an issue between BIOS and drivers.
  • trena
    trena Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

files for bios update provided by acer do not contain all the files.  The one I need is missing the flash.sys file and there is no way around this without paying the manufacturer of the mother boad which is vague itself.  I'm a bit irritated that Acer has not fixed this issue.  There is no answers available on the internet so far either.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Try uninstalling the Nvidia driver from Device Manager. You may have to do this more than once if you have installed multiple Nvidia drivers. After you uninstall, restart your computer.  Don't install a new Nvidia driver.  Please be patient and allow Windows to automatically download and automatically install a new "correct" Nvidia driver.  This can take a couple hours or more depending on your internet speed.  If after 48 hours, you don't have a new Nvidia driver installed automatically, then check Windows Update.

• marvin0113
    marvin0113 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    hi there how can i update my bios version 1.19E laptop acer tmp249-g2-mg to higher version when times im trying to update the bios it always promt me a messege like this (the version of rom file is the same as that of bios)  but the version im trying to install is newer to 1.19E please help me 

TIA