Aspire V7 582PG won't shut completely down

Options
mortenik
mortenik Member Posts: 2 New User

When shutting down or entering hibernation state my computer won't shut completely down. The screen goes black, and the computer apparently starts shutting down, but the blue "on" light remains on and eventually I have to press and hold the power button to power off the computer. The issue came after performing a clean install of Windows 10 and installing all the updated Windows 10 drivers for this specific computer from the Acer site. After experiencing this issue I have also installed an ExpressCache driver which made the hybrid disk drive perform properly, and I've also updated the Intel Graphics card to the latest Windows 10 driver from Intels site.

Answers

• rindert
    rindert Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

My V5 573G also has these problems, also with restart and sleep ... Apparently were not the only ones.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-shutdownsleep-problems/64edf4c7-9e15-4ea7-a4d5-61c90ddfb7c6?page=9

• rindert
    rindert Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

On page 9 in the thread I mentioned above a possible fix is given: replace W10's version 11 of Intel Management Engine with 9.

Falguni Bharadwaj:

It has been seen that the present "Intel Management Interface" driver which is of v.11, is preventing complete shutdown of our laptops and causing issues while sleep and wake up.

Hence as of now, downgrading that driver to an older version, preferably v.9 using this link will fix your issue. And afterwards, prevent Windows from automatically updating the drivers like this.  

After that your system will behave normally.

• mortenik
    mortenik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks a lot. However I ended up downgradning to Windows 8.1 and the upgrading to 10, instead of doing a clean install, and this solved the issues (noe updating the drivers to Win 10-drivers). Hopefully your tip will be helpful for anyone else experiencing the same issue.