Aspire V5-573G freezes instead of sleep (irregularly, not everytimes)

Jenik
Jenik Member Posts: 5 New User

Since my old Windows 8.1 installation had some registry problems, I have made a fresh install of Widnows 10 (Enterprise).

After reinstall my computer has trouble going to sleep - about half of all times when I close the notebook lid the "light bulb" LED does not turn off, the keyboard lights remain on and the computer stops responding. The only way to make it work again is to hold the power switch for a long time and start again. If I leave the computer and the power scheme decides to let it sleep, it freezes all the time. Hibernate works without any toruble.

The reliability monitor shows only two "error rows" each day this happens:

• The windows system has not been terminated ina  proper way (I am translating this form Czech, the english version might be different) with description "Previous system termination was unexpected"
  • The ShellExperienceHost.exe stopped responding and was terminated (about 3 minutes after each startup)

Since I expect this to be a driver problem, I have tried

• Windows 10 native drivers
  • Acer Website Drivers
  • and also latest manufacturer driver sfor the Intel graphics, Nvidia graphics and Realtek Gigabit NIC

None of these did help.

Any advice for me?

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

It sounds like ShellExperienceHost is the culprit, the other error is created by the long press power cycle process. IIRC ShellExperienceHost wakes the computer on any of several things, most often due to a network event or to wake for backup and such. If it's not sleeping at all it could be due to something else not sleeping and therefore keeping ShellExperienceHost awake. Go into the advanced settings for your power plan and see if there's anything set to either stay awake or to wake up on some event.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vTech
    vTech Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have sleep Issue, my model is a V5-571P.

• anocs
    anocs Member Posts: 9 New User

I've got the same issue on my S3-392G with clean W10. On upgraded from W8.1 it was fine.

Today I'll try to disable "Fast Boot" feature in "Power Management".
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Also quite frequently instead shutdown it just reboots. So definetely some issues with ACPI power management

But I do not expect this to solve porblem. 
    If I'll find the solution - will let you know.

• Jenik
    Jenik Member Posts: 5 New User
    Answer ✓

Problem solved I foud this thread at Microsoft and the TwoBeJeepin's answer seems to be working. It is a new version of Intel Management Engine Interface driver that causes all troubles.

I followed the advice there, used the HP driver 9.5 instead of Intel's 11: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935#AbT1 and voila - The computer is sleeping again.

• anocs

Briliant, I'll give a try today night... 

• anocs
  • anocs

Tried original IME driver from Acer for W8.1 (9.5.10.1658).

Now sleep/hibernation works perfectly ! 

Smiley Very Happy