Aspire V5 471P, also not on the list for Windows 10

Options
tvswnet
tvswnet Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire V5 471P, also not on the list. Is there any reason for these exclusions? What options do we have? Seems kind of strange that some of us should be penalized for no apparent reason. I bought my model at an Office Depot, no different than any other Acer models that might be bought in large chain retail stores. I've loved previous Acers I've had, but this one has been problematic since the beginning. Now I may not be able to upgrade and will be stuck with terrible Windows 8.1? Please advise.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

Many, if not most, Acer models from the last few years do not require new drivers from Acer to work with Windows 10. Either Microsoft or the hardware vendor already has drivers dealt with. In those cases Acer doesn't put them on the list of machines for which Acer will provide updated drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tvswnet
    tvswnet Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

So nearly every Aspire V5 model but mine is in need of new drivers but mine isn't? I find that kind of difficult to believe. This is par for the course though now I think with Acer--minimal support, if any. I'll have to spend time going to websites of each of the hardware components to see if it'll work, look for chipset drivers, etc., just because Acer had decided that some of its customers are simply out of luck. I'll replace this computer as soon as it's financially possible since it has been problematic literally since Day 1 (had to call support). This is my third Acer--there will be no fourth. Hopefully I'll be able to go with Apple and avoid this Microsoft/PC manufacturer nonsense altogether. Microsoft AND Acer should be ashamed of the quality of their products over the past couple of years...