Aspire Switch 10 E wont turn on

jan_carl6
jan_carl6 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there I just want to ask some questions. Im having a problem with my aspire switch 10E. Last night i tried to reset my device. My OS is Windows 10 Home. And now it wont turn on. Ive read some articles about doing the press and hold the power button and it still wont turn on. I even performed it with the volume button and it still has the same result. Sometimes it will turn on then afterwards it will just froze to a grayish screen, Most of the the time its just a light indicator but im having a black screen. There was one instance where it showed the Acer logo so i tried pressing the F2 button but to no avail it will just come back to black screen. What can I do to fix the problem? Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

power + volume UP with AC charger connected

sometimes you need to keep pressing both for about 30-40 seconds and this must be done with no LED light on on power button before pressing both buttons.

this normally let you boot to BIOS and then exit to windows boot.

if you are able to enter BIOS but not windows, maybe you can try to create a windows 10 bootable media and try boot from it:.

here you can download and then create a windows 10 USB bootable media:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jan_carl6
    jan_carl6 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey there I did what you told me to do but its still not working. There are times where im getting a white screen and most of the time im having like flashes as if it will be working but sadly it will just comes back to black screen. There are also instances where its just a blue light but the screen is still black.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you are still under warranty, give Acer service a call.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ron62
    Ron62 Member Posts: 1 New User

Aspire Switch 10 E wont turn on