Aspire R13 (371T) Issues Galore: Mouse TouchPad, Screen Touch, Pen including Palm Rejection OneNote

Options
mannyfresh79
mannyfresh79 Member Posts: 12 New User

I just bought this pc couple weeks ago and I updated to Windows 10.

4 issues:

1) I noticed that sometimes the touchpad on the device doesn't recognize movements.

2) Same with the screen itself - at times I cannot scroll or click with my finger and only the touchpad works.

3) In onenote the pen sometimes draws vertical lines and palm rejection causes it to zoom in/out crazily.

4) I have to type hard on the keyboard for it to register the key.

In the first three cases, I have to restart the machine for it to work properly again until the next time!!

Just the 4th alone makes me want to return it back to the store. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Do you have the Windows 10 10586 build ? That major update fixed a lot of things.

• mannyfresh79
    Options
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Very nice machine. That said it sounds to me like a hardware issue. Are you able to return/exchange it ?

If not I'd try pulling a recovery drive and system image. Then use the Settings>Recovery to return the machine to the As Built state and see if the problem persists. If not it could be a software conflict of some kind. If so try downloading & reinstalling the VGA and Touchpad drivers (model is probably  R7-371T)

• mannyfresh79
    Options

Now I'm experiencing "image retention" / ghosting / "burn in"... 

I updated to the latest chipset... is there an easy way to update all the drivers?

I believe I have a faulty machine. But this is actually the second machine I received. The first one had a vertical green line through the display. I really want to like this computer, but these small issues are keeping it from being a great competitor. If acer can fix these small issues, you would blow Apple and perhaps the surface book out of the water ( vs. similar hardware )...