Aspire One 10 S1002 Network hardware gone after Windows update. Two computers!

Options
jermerf
jermerf Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought an aspire one S1002 with Windows 10 and I thought it was great. Until at some point the WiFi stopped working after a windows update. It wasn't airplane mode. When I checked the device manager, there wasn't any network hardware listed (Other than the bluetooth). I chose 'Show hidden hardware' still nothing. I downloaded the network drivers from this site, hoping it would fix it but after restart nothing. So I did a factory reset. As it goes through the initial setup it doesn't ask me to setup my WiFI. I go into the device manager, no network hardware. So I figured, I've had this for one day maybe it's just a dud, it was just bad network hardware that failed after a day because you tend to get failures often at the beginning of a products lifecycle.

So I returned it two days later and got another one. Networking works fine, I let it do its updates. Same problem. No networking hardware. I try to install ALL the updates from this site including bios. Nothing.

What's going on here? Two completely new computers failed because of windows update.

Answers

• jermerf
    jermerf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

And I did a factory reset on the second one and afterwards there's still no network hardware.