Aspire E3-112 Cannot start after attempted clean win10 install

Options
bully
bully Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter

The install didn't go well. It went right through the extract and install process OK but then just went round in a loop wanting to keep reinstalling from the usb drive. I had changed the bios by promoting usb hdd above windows boot manager (still under uefi). So i removed the USB drive and restored the bios order. But now when i boot up i get an error window saying "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation." It makes no difference whether i close the window or click OK, it just goes round in the same circle.

Help!

Best Answer

• bully
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I did try that. In the end i found the solution was to wait until the start of (yet another) reinstall process and then press the power button for a few seconds till the machine shut down. Then i powered up while holding F2 down and went into the bios where i restored the original settings and the machine then booted into the new clean installation.

Unless the OS is nuked, the way to perform a clean install is to use settings>update & security>recovery>restart now and use the boot from usb option. And leave the bios well alone.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,870 Trailblazer
    Options

There should be a keypress you can do durng the boot that gives you a boot menu. If you use that to boot from the USB you can do the install and when the install reboots it will boot from the HD and continue the install from the USB.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bully
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I did try that. In the end i found the solution was to wait until the start of (yet another) reinstall process and then press the power button for a few seconds till the machine shut down. Then i powered up while holding F2 down and went into the bios where i restored the original settings and the machine then booted into the new clean installation.

Unless the OS is nuked, the way to perform a clean install is to use settings>update & security>recovery>restart now and use the boot from usb option. And leave the bios well alone.