Aspire 7750G slow to wake from sleep on Windows 10

Options
mj1856
mj1856 Member Posts: 1 New User

I updated my Aspire 7750G laptop to Windows 10, and everything went well except for one thing.

When waking from sleep mode, it powers up, but just shows a black screen for about 90 seconds.  When it finally does show the Windows login screen, it works just fine.  It's just the delay that I can't explain.   No amount of keypress or mouse click speeds it up.

Before upgrading, it did not have this problem.  Wake from sleep took about 2 seconds.

I have the latest bios update and all the latest video drivers.  Is this a known bug?  Anything else I should try?

Thanks,

Matt

Answers

• repask
    repask Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem on V7-482PG. Whne i close the lid Windows 10 is set to go to Sleep. But when I open it it just shows the keyboard is lit the blue led is showing as if it would be started but the display is black, nothing happens. I'll try to wait 90 seconds to see if it resumes, but this needs to be fixed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

90 seconds is a magic number in Windows... It is the timeout alloted for network activity. Do you have a network shared folder mounted or some other connection to a network device?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.