Aser Aspire desktop

jatinder
jatinder Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I have upgrated  my desktop to Win10 and now when rebooted after the upgrade it directly goes to my kids account and I am not able to get in to the Windows. There is no option to log in. There is a message: "you can't log in at the moment because of the timelimitation on your account. Try later once again". The only option I have is to click "ok".

I tried to swich off and on again, same issue. Please help. I am not able to get into the main account at all.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Try hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose either Switch User or Sign Out from the menu. That should get you to the welcome screen where you can select a different user at lower left. If that doesn't work you probably have the main user account disabled. You might be able to reenable that account by using User Accounts, you'll need an administrator password to bypass the restrictions on the kids account.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jatinder

Hi Billsey, Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I tried but by pressing CRTL+Alt+Delete combination doesn't work. Below the message I only have an option to click "ok". When I click on ok, I do see another desktop screen for a second but it comes back to the same previous screen with "ok" option :-(

It's also not possible to shut down the PC. I have to kill it with power button which I did try few times.

Do you have any other suggstion for me? Also, let me know if you want to see the pictures.

And I can go into BIOS with F2 and F12 for boot options. I don't know if it helps.

• billsey

OK, we'll try some scary stuff instead... Smiley Happy

Run regedit.exe (click the search icon or entry box next to the start button, type regedit.exe and hit enter), it might ask you for adminstrator credentials, use your login and password, not the kid's.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon using the tree at left.

Look for AutoAdminLogon and change it from 1 to 0.

Close regedit, reboot and see if it allows you to choose/change the user.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jatinder

win10 message.jpgthanks a lot for your reply, Billsy.

There is no "start" button, the only button available is "ok" for the message. see image attached.

Is there any other way I can get into command prompt?

I only can either press F4 for BIOS or F12 for boot options.

• billsey

I see, you can't even log into the child's account, and it sounds like the time allowed for child access is disabled 24 hours/day. Smiley Sad

It looks like those limits can be changed on the Microsoft side (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits). Try enabling logging on during all hours, all days then go to the regedit trick after logging in as the child.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I don't know if this will work but you can try to enable the built in administrator account in the windows OS.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2969-administrator-account-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

Use the option 4 from that page, but you will need a bootable USB or CD with windows 10.

I have used it once and then I used the administrator account to create my own account on my work PC. (previous user forgot to give me the admin account password)

With this account you can manage all the other accounts and see what's the problem. It's has full privileges as any other administrator account.

However, I am not sure how it will work because I am expecting that you have already other administrator accounts and you don't see them for some reason on the login page.