Anyone taking on Windows 10 with their Aspire Switch 10 when it is released?

Options
raucouscobra
raucouscobra Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I am really anxious to try Windows 10 but my Switch runs so well as it is with 8.1.  Anyone taking the leap?

Answers

• fstx
    fstx Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have done a clean install from a usb drive done by Microsofts Media Creator. The bios would not boot from it when put it the keyboard port, but it did work in the screen port with an otg adapter.

It does not work 100%. The touchscreen does not work, the keyboard has a tendency not to work. External keyboard/mouse via hub works at first, but if disconnect and reconnect it does not work. So I have to hard  reset the machine quite often.

I think that I don't have the right drivers. The preview worked better than this.

I have not activated yet, since I have not found the windows key.

• akhil
    akhil Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

hello!!!!! i do face the same problem after updated to windows 10.

could you please suggest me how to restore windows 8.1

• AndyK1
    AndyK1 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I have upgraded and it works perfectly.

I would recommend it to anyone who has windows 8 or 8.1 installed. It is better and recovers more disk space and deletes the recovery partition so its a win win.

You should not do a clean install however, you must do the upgrade else you will lose the system drivers and your device may not function correctly afterwards.

• fstx
    fstx Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

AndyK1,

You're right that clean install gives you the problem of locating the right drivers. I did succeed in clean installing preview build 10074. I think I got the drivers from asus support, but now I can't find them again. Anyway, since I could not find the product key, I have restored Windows 8.1 and now I am updating the offical way.

akhil,

The way I did was to use the recovery key I created when I got the computer. If you did not do this, perhaps you can get one from store.acer.com, or Acer support might be able to help you.