After Windows 10 install on SW5-11-18R3 Audio and Camera do not function. How can I fix this?

Options
Richl
Richl Member Posts: 31 New User

Tried the Windows 10 upgrade originally, but it failed with "not enough disk space", then did full media install and all but the Audio and Camera is working.

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

I'd just like to provide an update that there is a patch that has been made available and requests for a Windows update are also underway. I'll link directly to the file which can be found on our drivers and downloads page.

Patch Acer 1. Fix camera function fail after upgrade to Win10 TH2. 20160506 91.7 MB 2016/05/30 Download

Thanks,
    Cory

Answers

• Richl
    Options

I tried to run but it will not.  Says cannot run on Win 10.  Thanks for the effort.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Try a right click and run in compatibility mode...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Richl
    Options

How do you run Sound and Camera in compatibility mode?  Right click does not work.

• billsey
    Options

The link that Ironfly provided is a zip file. Inside that zip is a folder that includes a file called "setup.exe". Right click on setup.exe and choose Troubleshoot compatibility, then see if the install will complete.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Richl
    Options

Setup still does not run, just hangs.

• billsey
    Options

How much free space do you have? It's unusual for setup to just hand without error messages.

• Richl
    Options

I have 10.64 GB of free space.

• Richl
    Options

I tried again and now get a message "Please plug in your adapter and run Master Installer again".  Have no clue what this measns

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

AC charger?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Richl
    Options

I plugged in the power and now I get this far.  It has been stuck at this point for over an hour.

WP_20150928_14_11_01_Pro.jpg

• billsey
    Options

Any chance there's a prompt hidden behind the window?

• Richl
    Options

Not that I have found.

• Richl
    Options

Still looking for help.  Acer are you there?

• Juantiguo
    Juantiguo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the exact same problem with the exact same scneario (fresh Windows 10 install in SW5-011). Camera and sound not working.

There is a device in the Device configuration that has no controller (shown as unknown device; seems to be the camera). When you try to update the controller with the ACER provided platform drivers (downloaded from Acer website, still appears as BETA !!:-( ) the controller fails to install providing an error about the signature.

The sound drivers (Realtek) does not provide any error, it simply installs smothly but does not work. When trying to play any sound it shows an error of "There is no sound device".

Acer support does not provide any response....

Any hint?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Plug the AC charger
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Richl
    Options

It is plugged in and still does not have bright picture.  Very dark but enought to know it is on.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you sure the adapter is working (battery icon in tray should say "plugged in" when hover.

• Richl
    Options

Yes it is working

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

I'd just like to provide an update that there is a patch that has been made available and requests for a Windows update are also underway. I'll link directly to the file which can be found on our drivers and downloads page.

Patch Acer 1. Fix camera function fail after upgrade to Win10 TH2. 20160506 91.7 MB 2016/05/30 Download

Thanks,
    Cory