After I reset laptop cause of problems with windows 10, microsoft office is gone.No microsoft word

Options
Sweetgirl_1
Sweetgirl_1 Member Posts: 4 New User

I was having lots of problems with windows 10 so I had to reset my laptop. After I reset my laptop, the problems were gone but so were all the things that came installed on my laptop. I really want back microsoft office 10. I don't have microsoft word, powerpoint, excel or anything. I am in desperate need to get these things restored. I cannot find the product key that came with the laptop either. My studies are dependent on microsoft word. Please can someone tell me how to get back microsoft office. 

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

May be you had a MPI card (Microsoft Product Identifier) to activate MS Office, included in the packaging box.

France
  • Sweetgirl_1
    Options

so does this mean I can't get back microsoft office? 

• laurent_14
    Options

Do you perform windows reset or Acer recovery?

Note:

If it's urgent, you can use Libre Office (free) and save in docx.

France
  • Sweetgirl_1
    Options

i think i did windows reset. i reset my etire laptop

• laurent_14
    Options

I suppose you save your personal data on an USB Flash Drive.

In this case, you can restore your sytem from the recovery partition [Alt]+[F10]:

Windows, softwares, drivers as factory state.

Watch this video. I'm afraid you'll need the MPI Card.

If it doesn't work, check  if D2D option is enabled in the bios setup utility.

France
  • Sweetgirl_1
    Options

Thanks so much. I will look for the MPI card, if I cannot find it, I will just buy a new microsoft office to save myself all the hassel. Thanks a lot.

• laurent_14
    Options

You're welcome

France
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

There are third party programs such as from Nirsoft that can retireve all keys stored on a Windows machine. Like most things this is best done and saved before you have problems but is worth a try.