Acer V5-571 Windows 10 Black Screen

drivemysoul28
drivemysoul28 Member Posts: 1 New User

So, I have an Acer V5-571 laptop and yesterday I was using it and windows was unresponsive, so I opened the task manager and tried to restart windows explorer. which I have done countless times with no problems, and nothing happened and windows was just stuck.

After 15 mins of waiting for a response, I just turned off the computer to reboot it, but when I turned it on again, nothing but a black screen. The led light is on, the fan runs but nothing else after that, just a black screen, no acer logo, nothing but black.

I tried the flashlight over the screen method to see if it was dimmed and the light was out

I tried the external monitor (which was already intact bc I use this laptop as a desktop most of the time)

I tried the F12 for 60 seconds without the battery

And multiple other methods I read in over 10 different posts for this problem on multiple sites aside from here

None of them worked.

So the last thing I kept seeing was the flash the bios, so I went to the acer site and found the bios

But the thing is, I have Windows 10, the computer itself came with Windows 8 and I upgraded to 8.1 and then 10, so would the bios be different? Would the flashing still work?

Because I did attempt it (extracting the exe files, format to FAT32 because I don't have FAT option on my other pc, copying the files to the flash drive and putting the drive into the laptop with both alt + esc then power and fn + esc and power, neither worked, I tried multiple ports and 2 times with each port/method) but nothing worked.

Am I doing something wrong because I have Windows 10 now? Is this not an option for me? Is it something else?

I've read through the forums and nothing's worked for me and I haven't seen anyone with my model pc and windows 10 having the problem, so I figured I would ask for assistance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Answers

• dinkydau
    dinkydau Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you ever get your V5-571 working OK with Windows 10?  I can't even get mine to finish the upgrade.  How did you install yours?