Acer V3-731-4849 seems incompatible with Windows 10. Does anyone know why or how to make it work?

Options
philo999
philo999 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire v3-731-4849. All the Windows 8.1 sofware is up to date according to Windows Update. There's no access to the Windows 10 app. The troubleshooter from microsoft simply returns a message that reads the system is inelligble for windows 10 upgrade. The model number is not listed as supported for the upgrade on the Acer site. I'm not sure why and I'd like to register for the upgrade. Anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• philo999
    philo999 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Oh, and the licence is OEM-DM, licenced.

• nicktinbc
    nicktinbc Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Oh you are very, very lucky.  I have the same laptop model but unfortunately I didn't know it wasn't supported for Windows 10 and I was able to do the upgrade.  It worked for about 2 weeks and then blue screened me on start up.

I have now got it working, but only after doing a restore that trashed ALL my applications.  I really don't want to turn off because I suspect I will get blue screened again.

So thank you very much Acer and Microsoft.  You have made my mind up - I am going to buy a Mac and you have lost me as a customer - forever.

• nicktinbc
    Options

Well I have now got it back to Windows 8 and am slowly reloading files and applications.  Just the way I wanted to spend a sunny sunday and my free time probably for the next week.

I might not buy a Mac tomorrow, but I sure as hell aren't going to buy anything from Acer or anything using Windows again.

• nicktinbc
    Options

Microsoft are still telling untruths about the compatability of this model with Windows 10.  This morning they popped up a window inviting me to upgrade (again) to Windows 10.  According to them my laptop is "good to go" "you're pc will work with Windows 10"

Having just rebuilt it to Windows 8.1 having belatedly discovered that Acer do not support Windows 10 on it I am rather annoyed that Microsoft are continuing to tell untruths about Windows 10 compatibility!

• PrairiFrost
    PrairiFrost Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My Acer V3 731-4849 came with Windows 10. Quickly changed HD and put on Win 8.1.

Windows 10 worked fine, I just don't like.  All the specs listed on CNet, etc are the same as I have.

You might have an incomatible driver, just a guess.  Should work.

I have 2 731 and one 771    and Windows 10 works