Acer Recovery Management Question

Viktoracri
Viktoracri Member Posts: 1 New User

OK.

I am running a Windows 10(upgraded from W8) 64bit on my computer. And I want to install Linux alongside Windows because i want to test it out. And because then I am going to mess with BIOS and other system settings and all those things, I want to make sure i do not erase my windows right off my PC. So I found out (i think), that Acer Recovery Management uses 16GB on a USB stick you need to have the backup on. And I checked that the C:\Windows folder uses exactly 16GB on my disk. Does the Acer Recovery Management copy windows, so if I overwrite windows with linux, or do something so windows doesnt work, will my usb stick with the acer-backup recover windows itself?

Just wondering.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Noe, Acer Recovery Management does a lot more than just copying the Windows folder. What you really want to do is create a recovery drive and recovery disk. ARM will set things up so you can go back to stock, just as the computer shipped, but Windows Recovery will let you go back to the state it is in now. How much room do you have on the drive? Are you on a laptop, desktop, tablet? Is it setup for BIOS boot or UEFI boot?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.