Acer Iconia W3 - Windows 10 Drivers

Options
iamryanodonnell
iamryanodonnell Member Posts: 1 New User

So I got the all clear for Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 on the "Get Windows 10" app that Windows 10 was ready to be installed.

I installed it and the installation went through fine, however the lack of Windows 10 drivers brings down the experience.

I only found out whilst searching the web AFTER my Windows 10 installation that Acer are not supporting the Iconia W3-810 with Windows 10, which rather annoys me.

So come on Acer, Windows 10 works, where's the drivers?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

What device are you having trouble with? That Microsoft suggested you upgrade means they think all the drivers work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • relwobasitap
    relwobasitap Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have a similar problem. Error - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator - the display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support.

I called Acer for support and was told my Acer is out of warranty and I would be transferred to a FEE based service for support. You are kidding me? I have to pay for support for this issue? Not right at all. Please fix this or tell me how to fix it. Thank you.

• whandjr
    whandjr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ihave the same problem.  please fix the display driver.

• tom2win
    tom2win Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Not able to upgrade to Win 10 on my Acer 810W3.  Whats the deal Acer ?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Last week my W3 suddenly upgraded normally through the update process. Same 1177 Intel driver. Did need to select the 64GB SD card for the 9GB extra space it wanted.

• relwobasitap
    relwobasitap Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

How did you do that? Simple instructions would be helpful. Thanks

• Fabu
    Fabu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same problem, but then last week it started the upgrade alone and everything works, included accessories. The weird thing is that the driver hasn't been upgraded so it means that Intel just "made" it compatible with W10 due to all of people's complains. However on my W3 it is not smooth like W8.1 and it's a bit laggy. I hope for a proper driver from Intel for the GMA graphic cards.

• tom2win
    tom2win Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks. Really like my W3. Will now attempt the upgrade