Acer Aspire m5-583p: I got the new windows update, now computer is stuck on the boot page. Help?

Reginalds87
Reginalds87 Member Posts: 3 New User

The title says it all. Last night I got the update and it restarted and went to the "Acer 'explore beyond limits'" boot  page. After about an hour of looking at this I fell asleep. I woke up and it's still on the same page. Does anyone have this problem? 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

keep pressed the power button until it shutdown, then try to boot again and check if it starts.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Reginalds87

I tried, it just returns  to the loop page. Its been 45 minutes.

• Reginalds87

http://imgur.com/quXsEo6 took a picture of the page its stuck on. Its been like this since last night.

• karatekidmonkey
    karatekidmonkey Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

That is why you don't turn on automatic updates...

Do you know the KB number of the update? If you do, then you can google KB###### Rescue Disk, and most likely you will be able to find a rescue disk Microsoft made to fix it. You could also try that old rescue disk for KB2 something that was from a year ago, I've used it a couple days ago to rescue a bricked system.

Or you could try pressing ALT+F10 at the Acer Explore Beyond Limits screen (before the Windows boot thingie comes up) to enter recovery and then select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Command Prompt. Then follow the instructions: http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/38624-uninstall-specific-windows-updates-via-cmd-or-batch-file-in-windows-7-8-and-server-2008-2012. But this only works if you know the KB number. 

If you don't know the KB number try booting into Safe Mode (press ALT+F10 at POST, Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Advanced Startup Settings, Press Restart, and then press the key 4 on your computer). From there you can uninstall the update and/or find the KB number.

Please Kudo if this helped Smiley Happy