Acer Aspire Z5700. What Drivers needed to Upgrade to Windows 10

Blue1
Blue1 Member Posts: 1 New User

How do i continue with the upgrade to Windows 10?  The Microsoft Technician found a error code C1900101-40017 (This is because my upgrade always fails at Configuring Settings 75% and Screen goes Black)  Code is to say Model is not on the list of Acer Upgrades Due to Drivers.  I have all the ticks and passes on the `Check my PC` Get Windows 10 icon.  Acer says i can still continue with the upgrade (i have tried several times to no avail) but might have compatibility issues when Windows 10 is running.  Is this a Problem between Microsoft & Acer?  How Do i continue with the Upgrade to Windows 10, even though Model is not on Acers List, and Acer Say you can still upgrade!

Answers

• condry
    condry Member Posts: 13 New User

Waiting for answers.  It appears doable for the Z5700 but the steps are unclear.

• Mog
    Mog Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my Aspire Z5700 and disappointed that Acer refuse to give advice because the PC is not on the approved list.  The very least ACER  could do is offer some guidelines on how to prepare the PC regard drivers etc for users to at least have a chance of a successful upgrade.  If some users have been successful then there must be some advice Acer can supply.  Very disappointed.  Mog

• technonath
    technonath Member Posts: 1 New User

You need to disable the wireless adapter before trying to upgrade to windows 10 and then it will complete, It took me about 15 goes to work this out.

• condry
    condry Member Posts: 13 New User

THe fact is Acer did it this way on purpose.  Buy a new machine.  So i did but it was not an Acer.   Came with Windows 10 and a touch screen that works correctly with the OS.