Acer Aspire Switch 10 and Windows 10 Tablet Mode

joxelletiong
joxelletiong Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

So recently I upgraded my Switch 10 Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. But the  tablet mode isn't working, even if I already set it in automatic. I still had to click it on the Action center.

In addition to that, the notifications won't pop out anymore but instead just goes directly in the Action Center. This don't happen on my other desktop which is also running on Windows 10

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

It's possible that MS is deciding to display the notifications based on screen resolution along with font size...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • joxelletiong

Tinkerer

So I can't do something about the notifications? What about the tablet mode?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

I'm afraid I haven't tried tablet mode out yet...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KJeen
    KJeen Member Posts: 5 New User

I have the same problem as well. I thought I am the only one with this problem since I fresh install a new Window 10 from USB boot.

Also, do you get the grey notification box when you plug/unplug the keyboard dock ? The dock function works but I don't see these notifications anymore with Window 10.

• joxelletiong

Tinkerer

I get the notification on the keyboard dock in the action center. it doesn't pop out either

• ozzy
    ozzy Member Posts: 2 New User

i am also having the same issue. the dock keyboard works fine and i get notifications in the action panel upon connecting the dock.  however i must manually set it to or desable tablet mode all the time.

it doesn appear to be a driver issue as the notification shows a "serial number" instead of the actual "name" of the device.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

After "upgrading" you may need to run the latest set of Acer drivers again. This has worked for me though for the z2760 devices I had to force  the Acer DPTF drivers down their widdle throats. (See post on DPTF)

• ozzy
    ozzy Member Posts: 2 New User

not sure about the others but i have made sure all drivers are updated including the bios.  unfortunately made zero difference.

this includes reinstalling all acer software/drivers from scratch

• joxelletiong

Tinkerer

I also tried reinstalling the drivers and all. Still having the same problem

• Misguidedare2
    Misguidedare2 Member Posts: 3 New User

I guys I figured it out!

You need to update your Bios! You can do that by going to the acer driver website and then select your model and download and install the bios update. After that you need to go to the acer switch 10 E download page go to application and download those two files. See pictures. After that continuum should work on your acer switch 10!

Bye!snip_20151103204013.png

• KJeen
    KJeen Member Posts: 5 New User

Thank you. It worked for me !

Something I find confusing is that why doesn't the model that I am using, SW5-012, contain the switch mode driver under Acer site ? I had to find this driver under a different model SW3-013, like you proposed, installed it, to actually fix this problem.

I am starting to wonder if my model is still missing some functionality of Window 10 because Acer somehow decide to update drivers for some models but not the others.