Acer Aspire E15 laptop ES1-511-P1T9 series adaptive brightness issue Windows 10 installed

Options
Elbutt
Elbutt Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

My laptop is over a year old now and after I installed windows 10 it would never have these issues. On every startup the brightness gets really high and the brightness controls become inverted even the new power saving mode makes the brightness brighter. I fix this by just putting my laptop to sleep again and turning it back on. It returns to normal but this happens everytime on starting up from shutdown, starting up from a long sleep, and restarting. Restarting also has a issue where sometimes my laptop will be stuck at a black screen. If this is an issue with my hardware then I guess I'm just going to have to live with this.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a video driver issue with Windows 10. Check to make sure you have the latest and watch for updates. In the mean time set your brightness somewhere near the middle and it'll work OK in either normal or inverted brightness mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Elbutt
    Elbutt Member Posts: 16 New User
    Options

I should also mention adaptive brightness is disabled.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a video driver issue with Windows 10. Check to make sure you have the latest and watch for updates. In the mean time set your brightness somewhere near the middle and it'll work OK in either normal or inverted brightness mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • REGINEMANUEL
    REGINEMANUEL Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I also have the same problem with this and my laptop also flickers, please help me