Acer Aspire 7551-3749 won't boot. I hear the drives turning but, there's only a black screen.

Options
shadygradie223
shadygradie223 Member Posts: 5 New User
Tried releasing static electricity and it worked fine for about 5 timed. Tried it with battery only. It worked once. Now I get nothing. Any suggestions anyone?

Answers

• Joana
    Joana ACE Posts: 1,289 Pioneer
    Options

Oh man...That is so not cool.

Try releasing the energy static again, by removing the battery. If it turns on, you could restore to a previous Point, when the computer worked just fine.

What is the Windows on your computer and is it the Windows that came in the computer when you bought?

If it came with Windows 8 or 8.1 you could try going in safe-mode by repeatedly pressing F8 key

Se a minha resposta ajudou, marque como resolvido! Obrigada 
  • shadygradie223
    Options
    Thank you for your help. It came with Windows 7 and I have the windows 7 DVD. I tried moving it back to an earlier restore point. It worked for a few times also. I think my motherboard is shot.
  • shadygradie223
    Options
    Oh, PS. I upgraded to Windows 10. Could that have anything to do with my problem?
  • shadygradie223
    Options

I'm running windows 10. upgraded from Win7. It worked fine for over a year and all of a sudden this black screen problem arrived. If I discharge the static electricity and let it sit for at least 24 to 48 hours it usually boots after trying to start it about 5 more times. Frustrating....