Acer 5740G windows 10 update failed. Support site empty - NO DRIVERS etc AT ALL! not good enough!

Dug
Dug Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire 5740G which Windows 10 update failed as not meeting requirements at this time (sorry no more info available).  All prior Microsoft updates etc installed.  I went to check for updated BIOS or Drivers on the Support site. Neither the search by serial number nor by SNID found any results! Search by model only yielded a picture of the Notebook and blank pages - not even legacy drivers!!

This is not good enough.  I appreciate that you want to sell new equipment BUT failing to maintain even the most basic support will cost you in the long run.  I for one will look for another company when making future purchases and then recommend others to do the same!

It is possible that I am missing something and even better if Acer are in the process of updating the BIOS/Drivers to enable compatibility with Windows 10 but I somehow doubt it.  If I am wrong then I will be pleased to apologise and also to thank the company and very publicly recommend Acer!

So please address the above issues as a matter of urgency.

Hopeful but not holding my breath!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

right the support site works:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/1878;-;Aspire%205740G

but has windows 7 support only, i don't know if Acer ever had windows 8 support for this device, since it's from 2010.

i don't think you laptop will ever had windows 10 support:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/windows10-eligible-models

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bongski55
    bongski55 Member Posts: 14 New User

Try to upgrade using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. My Aspire V3-471G also is not supported by Acer but the upgrade went ok.

• jubidu
    jubidu Member Posts: 1 New User

I upgraded my old 5740g from 8.1 to 10 yesterday, 13.04.2016.

Till now no problems. Qualcomm, Broadcomm and ATI drivers after automatic upgrade of Windows are working fine.  Not any manual driver exchange or BIOS updates were necessary. I was afraid to do it, as I did not find any success story of 5740g  in the Internet...

Only thing, I had to do the upgrade by the media creation centre, all other ways did not work.

After Installation of Windows 8.1 I had problems with some drivers.