ACER ASPIRE Z5801 Wi-Fi card not detected

Darkness
Darkness Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

After 2 failed attempts at installing Windows 10 on the Acer Aspire Z5801, I finally managed to get it installed on the 3rd attempt. However, this wasn't without problems after installation..

I found that Windows 10 was not detecting any wireless adapter, preventing me from accessing the Internet wirelessly. I tried to get the driver off the acer website (selected W7 as the driver is only listed on that OS) but that didn't work - it said it successfully installed but still wouldn't recognise the card, even after a reboot. The ethernet adapter was there (listed in Device Manager), just not the wireless card.

To test whether it was a Windows 10 issue with how it handles wireless connections, I attempted to install a USB wireless adapter I had (which is usually in use by another PC) and that worked successfully after installing the driver for the adapter. This is not a solution though because the other PC needs that adapter to connect to the Internet.

In the end, I just reverted back to Windows 7 and the card was detected once again.

This is disappointing because another computer of mine that is much older + has weaker hardware, successfully managed to install Windows 10 without hiccups and even after installation, it runs flawlessly. So why can't Acer enable more support for other systems? The Z5801 should be perfectly capable enough of running the latest OS but due to lack of support, users of this PC must stick to Windows 7..

It's not just the driver either.. this PC suffers from other issues during upgrade and after installation. I don't know, it's disappointing. I've wasted so much time trying to install it and every time, a new problem arises.

Answers

• Lucas2014
    Lucas2014 ACE Posts: 567 Pioneer

Send me the settings for your machine for me to understand how to solve your problem, you said that Windows 10 it does not detect the wifi more on windows 7 detects correct? Let's think of a way to solve your problem.