3 identical machines (Aspire R3700) Fail at the same spot for Windows 10 Upgrade

Options
Frameshifter
Frameshifter Member Posts: 3 New User

I am trying to upgrade 3 identical machines (Aspire R3700) and they all fail at the same exact spot.  This leads me to believe there is a hardware or driver issue for these.

Am I missing something?  I have tried all the suggested fixes for the error code recived but nothing works.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you tried the update from the microsoft download tool too or from windows 10 bootable media?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PattyRose
    PattyRose Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

What point in the process is the upgrade failing, what is the error code?

• Frameshifter
    Options

Yes.  Using either the media creation tool, windows update, and a dvd, all fail in the exact same spot with error: C1900101 - 40017

• Frameshifter
    Options

Error is: C1900101 - 40017

• PattyRose
    PattyRose Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Ok, I'm not sure if you've tried any troubleshooting yet so forgive me if I'm suggesting things you've already tried.

First, unplug anything you can, see if that works.  If it doesn't, boot the Windows 10 USB (if you don't have one here are instructions on how to create one) and select "Repair PC".  Try the troubleshooter, if that doesn't fix anything, try repair startup. 

If none of those options work, open the command prompt (under advanced options).  Try entering "bootrec /fixmbr", if that doesn't work, try entering "sfc /scannow".  There are also some more involved methouds that have had mixed sucess here.  A last resort would be to format the drive and then attempt the install.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.