1 second image freeze exactly every minute

Options
Ninkyu
Ninkyu Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everyone,
I have a strange problem with my Acer Laptop (Aspire 5741G) and my GPU driver on Windows 10. At the start of every new minute (e.g. 21:40:00) the image freezes for a second or two (the audio still runs fine). It doesn't matter how busy my laptop currently is, whether I'm playing a game, watching a video or just moving a folder - the lag is always about the same time span.
Also, it's guaranteed that the freezes occur at least every 60 seconds. If I set my clock on Windows back, for example from 21:40:40 to 21:40:30, a freeze would happen at 21:40:50 (because it's been 60 seconds since the last freeze) and then again at 21:41:00 (because it's the start of a new minute).

I've looked at the process events with procmon, and there was one process (svchost.exe) with a few events that showed up every time a freeze occured. The information isn't really useful from what I was told, but I'm going to post a screenshot anyway, just in case: http://i.imgur.com/s4aOhAH.png

My GPU is the GeForce 320M, and I've tried the driver versions 341.74, 341.81, 341.92 (automatically installed by Win 10) and 341.95 (newest), but none of them worked correctly. Only with the onboard GPU did the image freezes not come up. Also it's probably not a hardware problem, because when I used Windows 7 (which was pre-installed when I bought my laptop) everything was still working fine.

Does anybody know what causes this? It looks like some automated regular task, but I know too little to identify it.

Thanks for any help in advance Smiley Happy

Answers