want to upgrade e6600 cpu on M275. Will Acer bios recognize a 2.66 GHz SLB6C Xeon X3330s.

maikal
maikal Member Posts: 16 New User

I am upgrading cpu, graphics card and power source. I have identified  http://www.amazon.com/Upgrade-Acer-Veriton-Desktop-Computer/dp/B007PCID82

as upgrade for power. PNY VCGGT610XPB nVidia GT 610 1GB GDDR3 PCIe for graphic card. Now I need to know if the Acer Bios will recognise a  2.66 GHz SLB6C Xeon X3330 CPU. I have been told I could do a 3.16 GHz Core 2 Duo E8500. But would not mind the quad core of the X3330 since its at a nice price now a days. 

According to dealer the mobo chip set will recognize it, he only unsure of the acer bios!

Any one knows?

Answers

• maikal

Any one has an answer? I have a new power source on its way and shopping for an hdmi upgrade for the graphic card. I would like to upgrade this cpu!

• maikal

Okay so in the never ending effort to upgrade this pc, and hoping for answers, here I go again.

My son's friends gave me a PNY GEFORCE GTX 650 GRAPHIC CARD 2 GB PCI EXPRESS 3.0 VCGGTX650XPB MINI HDMI. A new Power Supply Upgrade for Acer Veriton M SERIES w/480 Watts is on its way. Bought a new 1tb hard drive for it. I am trying to get a Q9400 SLB6B- Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 6 MB 1333 MHz LGA 775 cpu from ebay. My question at this time is will my mobo be able to handle these upgrades? Oh I am also going to upgrade my ram to 4gb from the current 2gb sticks there now.

Any thoughts on these upgrades?

• maikal

Okay I installed the new psu and she is humming along(480 watts). No problem yet. But I am reluctant to continue without further advice. I checked out previous post regarding ram upgrades, so I am looking into that. I know max for my current set up is 4gb. Can I up that in any way? I have a card already, as I stated in the previous post. So all I need is the new cpu upgrade which I am still looking into. Once again I am asking for imput!

Anyone?

• Your system Specs say it would run a  Intel Core 2 Quad 1333 MHz so it would seem the one your looking into should work. Sorry I don't know your system well enough to say yes for sure it works. I have a older non Acer unit that I just upgradded to the  Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 6 MB 1333 MHz. 

I would say check the Acer site for updated Bios and seeing I picked mine up for 20 from the bay with intel fan and heat sink if it dont work your not out to much money. But looking up your MB it does say these will work

Intel® Core™2 Quad processor (up to 1333 MHz FSB) Intel® Core™2 Duo processor Intel® Pentium® processor Intel® Celeron® processor.....

YOur Ram issue about going more then 4gig I am afraid that it says

Up to 4 GB DDR3 800/1066 MHz SDRAM (dual-channel support on two DIMMs) is all it supports. that would be by hardware.

James

• maikal

Thank you for your response James. I have indeed done some research on the ram question and it seems your response is on point. Thanks for your response on the rest of the question also. Again your response is also verified from what I have read on several other sites. The only question, which I got on another response not posted here is whether BIOS would recognize the highest quad core cpu listed on the pc master list of upgrades in the manual for this PC. I have gone with a Q9400 quad cpu. I will return when all the parts get to me and I have installed them on the mobo. I think these upgrade will refresh and keep this very good pc working for me a a few more years for my needs. Again thank you kindly for responding and I hope this journey helps others who want to get a few more years out of this pc model.