veriton s670 - Memory Upgrade

Options
Pixedia
Pixedia Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Thanks for your time reading my post. I have a Acer Veriton S670 desktop pc. It was running DDR3 - 2GB 2RX8 PC3 - 10600U (Samsung 2GB - M378B5673EH1 -CH9). As a plan of upgrading to the memory to the max of 8GB, I have bought another 3 nos of Twinmos DDR3 - 1333 2GB rams. When testing each rams individually in Slot 1 (from processor) its working fine. Even, the Samsung and twin mos working together in slots 1 and 2 are also working fine to form 4GB. also the two twin mos together working in slot 1 and 2 to form 4GB.. fine.

Adding the other 2 twin rams (or samsung twin mos) into slot 3 and 4 producing only repeated beeps...!! When checking with one ram in each slot, slot 1 and 2 are detecting the ram. But 3 and 4 not detecting the RAM.. even the samsung or twinmos. only the fan works slowly at slot 3 and 4. sometimes beep.

When trying with slot 1 and 3 (dual channel), slot 3 is ignored and showing only 2GB... also 2 and 4 too...

If the samsung and twin mos are working together, do I need to get one more twinmos to check the 8GB? When the system boot up, its showing single channel memory - 800Mhz. 

How can i upgrade my system to 8GB?

Please help.