replace acer motherboard with one from asus?

Options
jaclou
jaclou Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

AG3605 motherboard acer : is it possible to take it down & mount another from ASUS?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Yes it's possible. But you would also have to buy a retail copy of Windows.  Your current Windows license is tied to your current Acer motherboard.  In other words, if you replace your Acer motherboard with a non-Acer motherboard, you'll need to buy a fresh copy of Windows at full retail price.

Also, Acer used to use a propietary power supply connector.  If it's 12 pin, it's proprietary and you'd need to also buy another power supply.  If it's 20/24 pin, you should probably still be able to use your Acer power supply.  I don't think they use a proprietary power supply connector anymore, but I don't know how old your computer is.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jaclou
    Options

Thanks very much. My pc has been bought in october 2013. I give you here the serial number DTSQYEZ006 and the motherboard serial number DBSPX11001. Can you say to me if this motherboard has one connector for the TPM?

• jaclou
    Options

Moreover I want to know if the ASUS Z97 deluxe HFC would be compatible with my pc?

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Someone here on this forum might be able to easily tell you.  I don't work for Acer.

I'm not an Acer employee.