hardware acceleration disabled alt. graphic card driver issue

dalin
dalin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Wife bought an ASPIRE X3400 from a friend, with an empty HDD and no drivers CD.  Graphic card is  GeForce 315, 1024MB.We installed a new WIN7 Ultimate OS , downloaded and installed all the X3400 drivers from Acer download site and everything seems to be working well. However, if trying to play a simple card game, the following message turns up: Hardware acceleration is eaither disabled or video card driver is not installed, so the game movemnets will be very slow (well, they are inendurably slow). Please enable hardware acceleration or install graphic card driver. Since we installed all the drivers from Acer driver site, am I right in assuming that the issue is with the acceleration? If it really is disabled, how can we enable it?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Nope but not a problem.

can you check on device manager under "display adapters" if your nvidia is listed?

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.

If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

• dalin

Hi Ace Ironfly. I`m not sure if I do things right, as there is no drop-down menu during the process, but here´s what I get:

Double clicking the yellow ! mark brings me a Teredo Tunelling Psedo Interface  PROPERTY . If I click "General" I get" The device cannot be opened(code10)", when I click details I get" Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter".

I hope this makes some sense.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Nope but not a problem.

can you check on device manager under "display adapters" if your nvidia is listed?

• dalin

Sorry for the belated reply, I had discovered I was getting late for my Tai chi class. The problem is solved now - somehow during the yellow ! clicking process I must have started an action that  solved the problem. I only discovered it today, the yellow ! disapperade. It bothers me that I do not know how it happened, however, it seems to be the result of the procedure you aske me to do, so there is kudos for you. Many thanks. If I hit a new problem in the future, I hope you will help again.

• IronFly
    You welcome. Smiley Happy