hard drive format recovery

Options
quovadisuk
quovadisuk Member Posts: 22 New User

My colleague has accidently formatted his hard drive  as he had one connected externally ... I have connected the hard drive to my laptop and I can see the partitions and data files , and have used recover software to re-instate the missing files ... although I can recover pdf files , I am unable to read some of the saved files as they used to be saved on the desktop as links .. so when clicked the I am being advised the link doesnt exist ( which is true )  I understand this is saved as user files ? .... How can I re-instate the drives and desktop files  and user files ? I felt this could be undertaken using a DOS command OR able to interegate the recovery softwtare that is stored in a seperate partion ?  to bring these back ???    Any help really appreciated 

regards all 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Usually a recovery program will let you save the files to where ever and if you have a PDF reader you could read them.If you are using a trial version, it's probably not letting you save them.It could also be that the files are corruptedand it could be the program isn't very good.