eRecovery doesn't complete of recovery

Options
Vicky12
Vicky12 Member Posts: 7 New User

Aspire M5700 

Windows Vista Home Prem. 

eRecovery was used, by hot keys and DVD's, for many times in the past and was successful everything.

A week ago, when copying a large folder(1.7GB) of photo frame to 6 UFD's, the PC shut down after copying 5 times & restarted by itself.  And the copy/paste function had been disabled after the restart.

The PC behaved peculiarly from that point on, such as shut down the monitor and/or optical drive not functioning....

eRecovery was run again & went on smoothly.  But it quit the process before completing, quit right prior to coming to the last part where time zone & names...are configured.  It restarted the PC automatically and showed a message saying that WINDOWS COULD NOT BE INSTALLED DUE TO INCIDENTAL SHUT DOWN ....

The eRecovery DVD's were run then. They were created right after the purchase of the PC & used a few times.  Everything went on smoothly just as it did by the hot key, but then, it quit right before running the last part, & the same message popped up.  And, of course, could not boot into Windows.

Right now, BIOS is working, hot keys for eRecovery are working, optical drive is working for using DVD's.  Safe Mode is dead because OS is not installed or completely installed.

I have eRecovery DVD's, 2 set of them.  A set of 3 disks of DVD which runs the recovery of the OS only.  And a set of  6 disks of DVD which is of the entire PC of its factory default status.

My questions:

1. What and how I have to do to recovery the OS properly?

2. Are the DVD's useful at this stage for the recovery and how to use them?

Thanks.