acer technician training

Options
francis2
francis2 Member Posts: 1 New User

i am a technician at my organization, we recieved new acer computer including note books, i was give a task to format one laptop so that i can install windows 7 instead of the current windows 8. the note book could not be format giving the errors that the HDD is reverved for OEM. Please my you help me what task can i perform to down grade the operating system. and i also need some training from acer becouse we have 12 acer computers which need my attention day by day because am the ICT technician for the organization. acer help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

First of all i would create the recovery media to re-install the default OS, you can do it using Acer erecovery and an USB flash drive or DVD.

second, you need to disable secure boot and switch UEFI to Legacy on BIOS, press F2 at boot to access BIOS.

third, i suggest you to create a bootable USB or CD media from Hiren's boot cd .iso

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
    unzip the zip file, burn the .iso file to CD or USB pen/external HDD
    then boot from the burned media and choose mini-xp from the options, once in the desktop, double click "command prompt"

then type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean
    type exit

shutdown Mini Xp

now boot from your windows 7 installation media.

but....if you are an IT tech, this are "classic" steps, no need for training.

I'm not an Acer employee.