acer am5100 power fail

Options
dutch1023
dutch1023 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

my acer am5100 u5300a powers up for maybe one second and fan starts but power then goes out.  Any ideas of what is wrong and what needs to be done?  Thanks Dutch.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Disconnect the AC power cable, open the case, look between the CPU and ram slots for a round battery, take it off for 5 minutes then put it back, reconnect AC power cable and try to boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dutch1023
    Options

there was no change but thank you.

• IronFly
    Options

Disconnect ram sticks, HDD and DVD, then try to boot to BIOS pressing DEL.

• dutch1023
    Options

I'm sorry but i don't know what any of that means and maybe i shouldn't be trying to troubleshoot myself.  If you don't mind explaining that would be great.  Thanks again.

• IronFly
    Options

it's better if you let do this to someone who know how to do it. Smiley Happy

• dutch1023
    Options

Hi IronFly,

I have a programming friend helping me now.  He followed your suggestion of unplugging the sticks, HDD and DVD.  I still have the same problem.  Thanks for all your suggestions, i really appreciate your kindness.  Dutch.

• IronFly
    Options

Ok, try to boot to BIOS pressing DEL with only 1 ram stick.

Did you do the CMOS reset, disconnecting AC power cable and the internal battery for 5 minutes?

if it still fail to boot to BIOS with just 1 ram stick.....i suspect a motherboard issue.