Why do I receive "AOP Framework crashed" errors when I login to my new Aspire G3-605 PC?

Options
mccormackd
mccormackd Member Posts: 3 New User

I just purchased an Acer Aspire G3-605 and I consistently receive "AOP Framework crashed.  Looking for solutions." errors, but no solutions are provided me.  The crashes does not seem to adversely effect my PC; however, the error messages are annoying.  What is AOP Framework and how can I fix this issue?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    I uninstalled it. Haven't had any problems since I uninstalled it. . Apparently that program is no longer needed for anything. Do a google search.

So my advice is to go to control panel and uninstall it. Since you just purchased the computer and are entitled to free phone support, I suppose you could call acer and get their official instructions.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mccormackd
    Options

Thanks, I will uninstall it since it is not needed.  I did call Acer Support.  They said it was a known issue and that I should check Acer Community Support.  Hence, my post.  Thanks much.

• mccormackd
    Options

I uninstalled AOP Framework and then started receiving crash errors for all related Acer programs (i.e., Acer Portal, etc.).  I had to uninstall all Acer program in order to stop receiving crash errors.

• JordanB
    Options
    I suspect you were using the old Acer apps. Had you updated the apps to the latest, I don't think you would have had problems. Apparently, from what I've read, the old Acer apps relied on AOP framework. Whereas the updated acer apps don't use AOP framework. I have the latest acer apps, and although I don't use them, I haven't had any problems since I uninstlalled AOP framework.
  • jawedali110
    jawedali110 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

AOP Framework crashed Message ?

• JordanB
    Options
    I uninstalled AOP framework. That solution worked on one of my Acer computers. For a different Acer computer, I had to uninstall both AOP framework AND Acer Portal.