Why can't I forward emails with .gif attachments

sylbaby
sylbaby Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Whenever I forward an email with a .gif attachment, it sends a blank email to the recipients (no, I do NOT delete anything before forwarding......not even the name of the person that sent me the email).  I've tried to save the attachments to my destop then start a new email and attach the attachments, but because they're .gif, the picture is just a stationary picture............ 

Answers

• Hi,

May I know, what product line you are using & also the OS, with the application that you are using to send receive mails
  • sylbaby

I don't know what information you're wanting from me, Sathy.  I'm using Windows 8.1 and as far as sending/receiving emails, I'm using my Yahoo mail account. I've tried forwarding the email to myself in my Yahoo account, and I receive a blank email.

I'm not very technologially savvy.............obviously.  Can you give me a for instance?

• for example, in 8 / 8.1, you could either use Mail app from the start screen or yahoo mail app downloaded from MS store or using Internet explorer or any browser like Google chrome or Firefox,. so May I ask in the above options which application are you using?
  • sylbaby

Hello Sathya,

I sent the same message in Internet Explorer, Firefox and also Chrome.  All three of them failed 8-(

• Hi, Sorry for delayed reply,. Unable to find any such issues, but May be you can try a workaround,. You May Try to Compress the file with WINZIP / WINRAR & send it as attachment, check & get back here,. Cheers

• sylbaby

Hi Sathya,  Thank you for the information.  I did try to save it as a zip and send it as an attachment.  I was successful.  However, there is also some text below/beside each of the .gifs describing the attachments and I am unable to add text below/beside the .gif, as was in the original email that was sent to me.  One of the emails that I'm trying to forward has 23 .gif files (with text beside/below the picture providing a description), when I send it as a zip, I have to open each .gif separately instead of just opening the email and scrolling through the entire message while not having to open/download anything.  This is a new machine and this has never happened to me before, I'm at my wits end trying to get this machine to work properly!!! 

If you have any other suggestions for me to try to fix this issue, I will gladly give them a try 8-)

Sy

• Hi,
    Sorry that you still have the same problem, I dont find any reason, why cant You,. May I ask what is the Anti-Virus Program you are using & have you tried to disable the Firewall for the same.
  • sylbaby

Hi Sathya,

I am still having the issue.  I am using Norton 360.  Thank you.

Sylvia

• sylbaby

Oops, I forgot.....yes have tried deactivating my firewall......still not working. 8-(