While inserting a dvd into my Dvd drive, it slid and went inside the desktop.can it be a hazard now?

Options
keyboard2015
keyboard2015 Member Posts: 3 New User

hello all,

While inserting a dvd into my Dvd drive, it slid and went inside the desktop.can it be a hazard now? You know that Acer allin one is very hard to open...I'm worried what should I do? keep it there or make sure it is removed (which is almost impossioble)?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You need to remove the DVD before it makes any internal damage. Consult any technician and open the cover to remove the DVD.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

Can you tell me what pc model you've got?

• keyboard2015
    Options

Thank you for your reply...I contacted an  acer technician (online chat)...He obviously told me to take it to a technician ASAP...No proper help whatsoever...

I unplugged my pc...gently tilted it over and the dvd immediately slipped out onto the carpet...I 'm glad I didn't follow the technician's advice as it would have cost me an arm and a leg...

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Glad to know that you have sorted out the issue without any internal damage on your computer. Your efforts to resolve this problem is very much appreciated.

• keyboard2015
    Options

I didn't mean you when I mentioned the technician ..It was someone else with whom I had a direct live chat...Sorry about the confusion and I appreciate your well-meaning advice. Smiley Happy