Veriton X275 BIOS

Tempest
Tempest Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi everyone,

I have replaced the HDD on the unit and the BIOS halts at boot to diplay open chassis security warning. BIOS setting config set to ignore, but it still does it.

- issue appeared under original BIOS
- issue still ocurring under latest Linux BIOS

I would like all my X275's to boot directly from USB, at boot and F12 is required, despite BIOS configured to boot directly diorectly from USB (USB is a Bootable disk).

Thanks (all my X275's running latest Linux BIOS firmware)

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Tempest,

This can be fixed by going under the Chassis Opening warning and there should be a ENABLE, DISABLE, and CLEAR options. Select the Clear option and this will fix the problem.

If you want they can also unplug the 2 pin wire from the intrusion switch on the side of the chassis to the mainboard to prevent this from happening again.

Hope this helps!

• Tempest

Thank you - that option was clearly available althought some people might find it difficult to understand a third toggle other than enable/disabe for this function.

Regarding boot directly from a USB without a F12 boot interrupt - am I missing something here also?

SMART reports an error, however, having installed linux with a linux kernal I would like to clear this SMART error, but no option in BIOS exists to do this?

Thanks!

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I'm sorry I missed the second question you had about your product. If you set the Boot priority to boot from USB first, then as long as your USB media is setup as a bootable device it should work. I would suggest trying other USB media to see if that is the problem. Also make sure the bootable file is on the root directory and not in a folder. From my understandin there is some extra steps you may have to take to make the linux USB drive bootable,  but that is outside my scope of knowledge.

• Tempest

Would appear to not work without a F12 interrupt. USB are formatted to boot devices and BIOS boot priority is set, but a F12 interrupt is still required. I would suggest that if the USB was NOT a bootable device, selecting from F12 would still not work. But it does...

• GatrNol
    GatrNol Member Posts: 3 New User

Any helpful tips before I dive into this project this afternoon?

Waiting on UPS to deliver my new Crucial 256MB SDD - and then it's time to give this a try !

• peelatche
    peelatche Member Posts: 1 New User

I was given this computer and even from the start the open chassis warning cam on but I'd click f1 and it would open to windows 7 and I could put in the password and work on it. Now even when I follow your instructions to get into bios it won't come up and won't take my password!! help i really need to get this going?????