Veriton M6630G with B246HL monitor

Options
ajimt1
ajimt1 Member Posts: 7 New User

I have a 1.5 year old  computor that has been updated to Windows 10 and all current updates are installed. I now have a B246HL monitor to use with this computor but cannot get the monitor to work on the DVI cable. It works ok using the VGA cable. I did try it with 2 other computors today and it works properly with these computors. One of these unit is the same model as I have.

The problem is the computor does recognize the monitor is connected but the monitor screen remains blank and none of the icons on my desktop show on the screen. I did hook up another monitor to my computor using the same DVI cable and it worked well.

My assumption is that there is a setting somewhere in my computor that has blocked my new monitor from working properly with the DVI cable.

When using the DVI cable the menu on the monitor will not come up when I push those buttons. It works fine when I use the VGA cable.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with this..

Thanks for your help..

Answers

• ajimt1
    ajimt1 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Well I never did figure out what is wrong here but I have found a way around the problem..

I bought a Displayport to DVI adapter and plugged that into the back of the computor, then plugged the DVI cable into that and then into the DVI input of the monitor and it works however when I look at the menu it says it is operating on VGA not DVI..

Very strange. According to everything I read online says this should work on DVI..  Am still going to try to find out what the problem is ..