Veriton M4640G Red Blinking Power LED

Calvinthesneak
Calvinthesneak Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Wondering if anyone can help me diagnose what might be up with the computer.  The power LED on the front of the tower changes from default solid blue to a flashing red during boot up.  No errors are thrown and the computer boots up and functions, though it is prone to randomly freezing.  The blink is a steady single flash.

I am suspecting a power supply issue, most likely lack of power as we have added a secondary HDD and an external USB HDD.  I'm currently trying to track down what the red flashing power LED means.  I have looked at the power supply and I know it's a 300W.  The PC contains an i7 and an intel graphics card.

There were a number of critical issues and errors in the event log, which is what I'm reviewing right now.

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Send me snapshots, and post em here. Smiley Very Happy

• kb0pat
    kb0pat Member Posts: 1 New User

Gents,

Saw the request and comments of this previous post/reply.  I had the same problem in the past month as I put a Vertion M4640G with i7, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD and integrated graphics into service.  The O/S was Windows 7 Pro.  Problem became evident when I loaded Apple's iTunes and stored music on an added HDD of 1.5 TB.

I have since upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but the slowly flashing red power LED light/button remains.  I can find nothing that indicates a problem.  Wondering if either of you had any additional information, problems or resolution on this issue. 

Thanks

• JatinRaikwar
    JatinRaikwar Member Posts: 6 New User
    This problem also happened with me

Solutions
    1. HOLD Shift key and click on Shutdown button , it will helps u , otherwise

2 Go to power plan then click on power do , now click on link above to change current setting then uncheck the fast shutdown