Veriton M4630G Beep Codes

Options
lhammel
lhammel Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a Veriton M4630G that will not post. I am looking for a list of acer beep codes for this system.

It is emitting a continuous beep. I have already swapped out and reseated the memory.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Sorry your having problems with your computer, When you say you have swapped out your Ram? Does this mean that you have Just move the Ram Sticks from Slot 0 to 1 and 1 to 0? Or do you mean that you have replaced the Ram with new ram?

IF it is the same ram! Have you tried only 1 stick of the 2 (if 2) with the same results? Then if same issue with 1 in first slot try the next, Then if same issue, Remove that Stick try the other in both slots? 

I don't know of any beep codes for Acer products or what Bios you have in your machine. But here is a link so all the codes I know of and only time I have had a Continous Beep was related to the ram...

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

James

• lhammel
    lhammel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Replaced with new ram that was perviously that was confirmed to be functional.

At this point I am pretty certain it is a motherboard. Acer seems to be using very cheap motherboards in these systems (What's up with the 12 pin main power connnector acer?)

It really is a shame that acer does not document its beep codes in their user manuals.

As I've already got a spare PSU 24 pin sitting around, I'll probably just replace the motherboard and *hope* doesn't consider it a new system at this point.